B.Voc or Bachelor of Vocation is a three-year undergraduate course focused to providing industry-integrated curriculum that prepares you for a job.
B.Voc course is different from traditional academic degree courses as it deals more with application-based studies rather than focusing on only theoretical knowledge. B.Voc can be pursued in various fields ranging from healthcare and hospitality to creative fields like fashion designing and beauty and wellness.
In case you are planning to enrol in any undergraduate programme, you must definitely check out B.Voc degree offered by many universities. You must have heard about the B.Voc degree earlier but do you know how is it different from other degree courses? You might find it more useful to opt for B.Voc degree than typical courses in Engineering and Technology like B.E and B.Tech. Why not take a different route and get employed in the industry and job of your choice?
The answer to all these questions is a B.Voc degree that gives you an opportunity to match your passion, interest and industries where you want to work in.
These are the top five reasons for you to opt for B.Voc course:
- You are more employable than other graduates – After under graduation, few of us aspire to work at a very young age due to financial constraints or any other reasons. But we need work experience to get a job in any area, B.Voc prepares you in giving work experience and industry exposure as well.
- Explore the industry sector of your choice – You can explore courses such as B.Voc in Retail management, healthcare, fashion designing, graphic designing, media etc. At first, only TISS school of vocational education offered vocational courses but now almost every university is offering vocational programmes.
- Opportunities for apprenticeship – In a normal degree, you will only get theoretical knowledge but in B.Voc programme, you will get 60 percent practical knowledge. You will be provided with a stipend which is an added bonus! You can always earn while learning in this programme.
- Flexible options to complete the course – There are multiple options in a B.Voc degree programme. If you take a break in your first year, you still get a Diploma; If you take a break in the second year, you will get an Advanced diploma and if you complete a three-year course, you will be handed a degree certificate.
- Universally recognised degree – B.Voc is highly valued as a degree. So, if you want to go abroad or apply for competitive exams, you can go forward with a B.Voc degree. It also gives an opportunity to enrol for post-graduation.
So, you can apply for a B.Voc programme and explore more opportunities. Get started by learning more about the fee structure, courses, universities or UGC recognized colleges offering this programme.