The latest edition of NSN weekly newsbytes focuses on the 3rd G20 Education Working Group (EWG) meeting held in Bhubaneswar. This edition of our newsbytes also includes updates from the government, industry, academia, and other stakeholders in the skilling ecosystem.
In addition to keeping you informed about the industry, the skill development news overview may be able to help you with lead generation and business opportunities.
CEMCA Skillfest 2023: A one-of-its-kind online skills competition by CEMCA and NSN
Commonwealth Educational Media Centre for Asia (CEMCA) regional centre of the Commonwealth of Learning (CoL) and National Skills Network – NSN, India has launched a one-of-its-kind online skills competition, CEMCA Skillfest 2023.
The competition invites participation from 8 Asian Commonwealth countries viz, Bangladesh, Brunei Darussalam, India, Malaysia, Maldives, Pakistan, Singapore, and Sri Lanka. Read more…
Last date to register – 15th May 2023
To know more, please visit CEMCA Skillfest 2023website.
Skill development news from the government
- The 3rd G20 Education Working Group (EWG) meeting started on April 26th, 2023, in Bhubaneswar, Odisha, with a seminar on ‘Building Capacities for Lifelong Learning in the Context of the Future of Work.’
- Logistics to be one of the areas with full of opportunities for Indian youth in the coming years, including Semiconductors, electronics and IT, Minister Shri Rajeev Chandrasekhar highlighted at pre-cursor G20 meeting in Odisha.
- Skill development to be one of the primary focus areas under the government of Goa’s Swayampurna Goa 2.0 initiative and enhance the scope of skilling, upskilling and reskilling.
- Release of SOPs for testing agencies under the Production Linked Incentive (PLI) Auto scheme was announced by the Ministry of Heavy Industries (MHI).
- By 2030, the Ministry of Education aims to have at least 50% of students in schools trained in a variety of skills.
- Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, approves establishment of 157 new nursing colleges at a cost of Rs. 1570 crores in co-location with existing medical colleges, aims to provide quality, affordable and equitable nursing education.
Skill development news from the industry
- According to the TeamLease Apprenticeship Outlook report, Hyderabad has the highest Net Apprenticeship Outlook (NAO), at 78%, followed by Delhi with 74% and Bengaluru with 68%.
- NSDC focused on transformative initiatives in skill development, higher education and international employment opportunities at the 3rd G20 EWG meeting in Odisha.
- With initiatives aimed at promoting skill development in the manufacturing sector, Biesse has been demonstrating its leadership in the sector.
- The Healthcare Sector Skill Council (HSSC) organised the Ayush Skill Conclave in New Delhi with the aim of enhancing skill development in the traditional healthcare sector.
- To promote social entrepreneurship in the nation and address its challenges, AISECT to organise a two-day National Conference on the “Role of skill development, financial inclusion, and social entrepreneurship.”
- The Odisha government to provide skill development training to women Self Help Groups in the beauty and wellness sector in six training centres – Khurda, Cuttack, Berhampur, Angul, Sambalpur and Rourkela.
- NSDC launched CoE for Aromatic and Medicinal Plants promotion and processing, and Women Empowerment Centre in Jharkhand to provide skill training and leverage technology for better livelihoods.
- Industry 4.0 India Conference (I4IC 2023) organized by Employability life on April 26, AICTE Chairman emphasized stakeholders to promote skill development among youths.
- Škoda Auto Volkswagen India Private Limited (SAVWIPL) launched student car project in India, providing vocational training to students with practical skills.
- TimesPro and NITE have signed an MoU to launch program in Digital Supply Chain Management to build digitally enabled supply chain network.
Skill development news from the ITIs
- WAGO, in collaboration with VYOM, launched the newly transformed government ITI in Karjan, which provides a higher level of infrastructure in classes and better study materials.
- The District Development Commissioner (DDC) Shopian, Sachin Kumar Vaishya inaugurated training programs under Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) 4.0 at ITI Shopian.
- The Andhra Pradesh government plans to modify the technical education syllabus in ITI and Polytechnic colleges to cater to the needs of the industry.
Skill development news from the academia
- Schools of Applied Learning (SoAL) will be offering skill subjects like Fashion Studies, Financial Management and Mechtronics to Delhi government students from class 9 and onwards.
- By promoting the development of universities, IITs, IIMs, and other similar institutions across the country, the government has taken significant initiatives to improve gateways to education for the youth.
- NCERT will frame teaching-learning materials for Kui and Desia-speaking students of Odisha and will work closely with the Central University of Odisha as per the NEP-2020 mandate.
- The “Mo College” and “SkillKart” signed an MoU with the aim of encouraging and helping state government college students in developing their employability skills.
Skill development news from the States/UTs
- Goa: The Government of Goa intends to recruit 5,500 apprentices in the coming year to meet the workforce requirements in its departments, with the apprenticeship lasting one year.
- Maharashtra: An MoU was signed by the British Council and the Department of Higher and Technical Education of the Government of Maharashtra to promote the state’s aspirations for educational and cultural exchange.
- Odisha: The Odisha Skill Conclave focused on developing a roadmap for Odisha to become India’s skill capital. Sessions on closing the gender gap, the value of apprenticeship and internship programs, and workforce diversity were all part of the event’s second day.
- Uttar Pradesh: To empower the youth, Uttar Pradesh Government is planning World Skill Center project to provide advanced-level skill training, which will enable youth to work both domestically and abroad.
- Telangana: TSCHE to launch new skill development courses in partnership with State universities, this will allow students to obtain paid internships during the course work and a job after under-graduation.
Also read: NSN Weekly newsbytes on skills, education and training-25042023 https://nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-newsbytes-on-skills-education-and-training-25042023/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.