Here we go with this week’s skill development newsbytes covering various happenings and updates in the industry, government, academia and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. The news and latest happenings could help you generate leads for developing your business in this sector.
Latest government and non-government jobs, apprenticeships and projects in the skilling industry
Free E-Books from NSN: https://nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from the government, industry and academia
Upcoming webinars: Certif-ID is organizing a webinar on Meeting skills demands of tomorrow-today on 18th February 2021 from 3 pm to 4 pm. Please visit the link to know more: https://nationalskillsnetwork.in/upcoming-webinars/
- A livelihood generation training programme in the banking and financial sector was launched to help the youth develop skills in this segment to capitalise on the vast opportunities.
- National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) has partnered with 200 technical institutes to encourage them for voluntary adoption of highways stretches for research.
- The skill development ministry will move an amendment to the Apprenticeship Act, 1961 to widen the scope of apprentices.
- The government has launched a job portal which aims to provide 10 lakh blue collar jobs across India by directly connecting the workers with MSMEs.
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India ( ICAI ) has launched the Accounts Assistant Scheme towards Skill Development and Employability of CA.
- MSDE has identified 42 lakh blue- and grey-collar jobs for skilled Indian workers across 12 countries and is trying to collaborate with these nations to send skilled workers overseas.
- MSDE has appointed ASDC as implementing agency for the implementation of SANKALP at Marathwada Auto cluster.
- The National Skill Development Fund (NSDF) has approved a financial assistance of Rs. 231 Crore to NSDC for setting up of PMKKs. 738 PMKKs have been established till date.
- MSDE has launched new strategic initiatives under SANKALP to strengthen district level skill development. The Ministry is now expanding MGNF to all remaining districts in the country. Read more…
- RFP for RPL under PMKVY 3.0- NSDC is inviting applications for RPL under PMKVY 3.0. The last date to submit the proposals for RPL Type 1 and 2 is 06:00 PM IST, 19 February, 2021. Read more…
- NSDC has partnered with HP India to provide scientifically designed worksheets and content to support home learning and early childhood skill development for students across India. Read more…
Skill development news from the states
- Andhra Pradesh- The government of AP has discussed the opportunities in infrastructure financing and partnership for the skill development of youth in the state.
- Andhra Pradesh- APSSDC has been recognised by the Genius International Book of Records for conducting skill training programmes online for the benefit of the students and unemployed youth during the Covid pandemic.
- Arunachal Pradesh- A workshop on “use of innovative technology for value addition in local resources” was organized by DRDO.
- Assam- The Hailakandi district administration has sanctioned a training programme for skill enhancement in bamboo and cane sector under SANKALP scheme.
- Assam- A month-long training programme on ‘Economic uplift to weavers through handloom weaving’ under SANKALP project was held.
- Assam- A one-day skill development programme on ‘Oyster Mushroom Production’ was conducted by Mushroom Task Group of Defence Research Laboratory, DRDO, Tezpu.
- Kerala- A VR unit has become functional to make contributions in the education, therapy and life skill training of disabled people.
- Punjab- A five-day online advance training course in Beekeeping was organised by the Skill Development Centre, Punjab Agricultural University (PAU) for the in-service candidates.
- Tamil Nadu- The government of Tamil Nadu is going to focus on bridging the skill gap to attract investments.
- Tamil Nadu- A two-day workshop on ‘skill development for employment in hospitality and tourism industry’ was organized in Sriperumbudur, Tamil Nadu.
- Telangana- The government of Telangana will establish a centre of excellence for the skill development for sheep rearing in the state.
- Uttar Pradesh- The government of Uttar Pradesh has set a new record by training over seven lakh youth under its skill development mission.
Have you missed the previous edition of Newsbytes? Click here to view:https://nationalskillsnetwork.in/newsbytes-on-skill-development-and-vocational-training-09022021/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these news bytes from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, we will remove the link to your content.